Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Funny things regarding nail polish....

Sometimes things happen that are regarding nail polish, but are not worth a single post, so I've combined them here.

Windex- This really does remove polish from the carpet and from clothes.  I got some China Glaze "Rodeo Fanatic" on my neon yellow tank top, and I used Windex to get it off. Apparently Windex makes the polish separate from the fabric without sinking in and it eventually flaked off.....NICE!!!!

Old Polish- Is awesome, and should never be thrown out! Why? because a little thinner (or a lot) goes a long way...sometimes the polish endures longer than the brush itself.:)

I recently rescued some old OPI's, other randoms and a Chanel from their dark prison in the garage and although the polish was fine, the brush was NOT!!! (these were my mothers old colors).














LOL, yeah the bristles are GONE...and they now rest in the bottle of polish...LOL!  One bottle I had to decant into an empty, so that she could still use it, and once it was all out, I could see the random bristles all scattered at the bottom of the bottle.  They looked like a hair ball...LOL!

Ziploc Baggies- I can not tell you how invaluable these are.  I use them whenever I send polish to friends or to fellow polish lovers. So just in case a bottle breaks, the others are not made messy by the destruction. (I've never had a bottle break, that I sent) Plus I get a box of 50 at the Dollar Tree for $1...WINNING!!!!

Puppy Pads-When I do my nails at home, I lay out a puppy "pee" pad, as the base to my polish work station.  These are awesome, for whenever you spill remover, water or nail polish, they soak up the mess, leave no residue, nothing soaks threw them, and are disposable!  I started using these when I was "puppy sitting" for a friend, and realized that these pads are not just for puppies anymore!!!!

Keep It Sweet! :)
Pin It!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

love the puppy pad idea! i've got a ton of those at my house for some reason, and no i don't have a puppy to use them for. i'll have to try that out, i currently have a plastic shelf liner over my station that's been working out pretty good

Unknown said...

Super cool ideas!!

Lawless Lacquer said...

The puppy pad idea is awesome! I will definitely have to get some! Thanks :)

ptitemeve said...

Great ideas :)

jbrobeck said...

The puppy pads sound perfect for konad/fauxnad!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the Windex tip! I wish I would have known that when I spilled a tiny amount of polish on my jeans last year haha. I'll keep that in mind if another accident happens.

Cat said...

Definitely gonna have to use that Windex tip...I have a huge polish stain on my favorite pajama pants that that would've helped a lot with, LOL! Thanks for the tips :)

Lucy said...

your tips are great, thanks I learned something today :)

Anonymous said...

Windex is a great stain remover for clothes and fabric in general!! People have looked at me like I'm crazy for suggesting it, but then they try it and see how well it works!