Thursday, June 3, 2010

Navi anyone?

I really did not like Avatar, but I love the color of the Navi's skin soooo BLUE, can you tell I've been on a blue kick lately? :)

So here I am continuing on with more blue tips, with Sally Hansen HD "Pixel Pretty" and L.A. Colors "Radiation"

"Pixel Pretty"
3 coats

This color was a bright aqua blue, very pretty, but sheer and needed 3 coats to combat the evil "V.N.L.- visible nail line".

I found it difficult to apply this without showing all the brush strokes, but it was inevitable. 


























I think this polish would be best over an opaque blue of the same color. It is a nice color, but I could have passed on this one.


















"Radiation"
2 coats

This was far more opaque than the Sally, but was a deeper color blue with these shimmer and "light".

Very nice, but I think I prefer this one to the Sally's.  I purchased this at my local Dollar Tree for a $1 of course...you can't beat that with a stick!



It looks a lot smaller, but they are very close in volume. 
The Sally's holds 0.45 oz and the L.A. Colors hold 0.44 oz.

Let's compare the two...


L.A. Colors on the index and ring finger, Sally's on the middle and pinkie. The Sally's really reflects the light well and shimmers in the littlest amount of light!

Yeah I like L.A. Colors "Radiation" more.  It offers more depth in color with the aqua shimmer. Plus the L.A. Colors' was less runny and I experienced less pooling, easier to control. 

I'm going to go back and get more of these. 

Have you tried any of the L.A. Colors?
Pin It!

6 comments:

jaljen said...

Luscious colours but the brushstrokes are a bit annoying.
I prefer the PP for colour.
Sun-tastic!

Unknown said...

@jaljen- I agree, PP has better "light" and color", but the brushstrokes are a bitch, that's why Radiation won my vote..lesser of two evils LOL :)

Michelle said...

Ugh, I've seen a lot of these HD's lately and I want them. It's so great living in the Netherlands where they don't sell them, mehh. But I agree, Radiation looks great and I also prefer it.

Unknown said...

Radiation is the winner!! Did you also pick up other colors from DT?

ABOP Laquerlove said...

I agree - Radiation looks richer and better. I haven't even tried any of the L.A. colors I hauled recently!

Unknown said...

Yes, I did pick up several others at DT, of course I only grabbed the blues, greens and purples, I will be swatching them this weekend :)